We are always looking for highly skilled and trained individuals to add to our team!
If you are a Master Electrician, Journeyman Electrician, enthusiastic apprentice, office person or just have a great personality and looking for a change or a new career in our growing Dandelion Renewables, we would encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to any qualified opportunity that comes our way!
Dandelion Renewables is looking for a solar installer to work on ground-mounted solar projects in Alberta, BC, and SK. The successful candidate will be primarily working on installing mechanical and foundation components of the solar PV systems.
- Care about the environment, has a healthy and sustainable lifestyle, non-smoker;
- Well tolerate cold in the winter and heat in the summer, as most of the work will be outside, expect to handle weights ~30kg;
- Must respect and follow the company safety policy;
- Precise with measurements and fast on tools, please specify if you have carpentry, electrician, or mechanics experience;
- Require minimum supervision when working on your task;
- Experience with running and maintaining a mini excavator, skid steer and zoom-boom;
- Able to work out of town. While our head office is located in Edmonton, the position would require a significant amount of travel (~50%) to work on the projects outside of the Greater Edmonton;
- Must have a clean driving history and be insurable to drive the company truck with a trailer.
- Surveying or utility locate experience;
- Experience in welding and/or working in a metal fabrication shop;
- Knowledge of how hydraulic equipment works and experience in the hydraulic equipment repair;
- Helical piles installation experience;
- Farming experience.
In your application, we would like to see a COVER LETTER explaining how you can meet the above requirements and a resume and why do you think this career will be a good fit for you. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Most of the work will be on the ground-mounted PV systems and will include trenching, driven and helical piles installation and racking assembly. While the ground is frozen or during breaks between ground-mounted projects, the successful candidate will be helping with rooftop and wall-mounted solar PV systems install.
This is an excellent career for a self-confident well-rounded and mechanically inclined individual.
- Manage and supervise electrical crew;
- Install electrical components of solar PV systems: roof-top, ground-mount, grid-tie and off-grid;
- Ensure the highest company standards and electrical code requirements are met;
- Maintain clean worksite and tools/materials well organized;
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Take pride and ownership in every task performed.
- Understanding how solar power systems operate is essential;
- Meticulous in installing electrical wires;
- Fast on tools, mobile and agile on roofs;
- Physically fit and able to lift solar panels;
- Be able to work 5-day shifts out of town;
- Clean driving history and ability to safely drive loaded flat-bed 16′ trailer is a must.