Dandelion Renewables existence started from conducting energy-efficiency studies for residential and commercial customers. From the beginning till now, we have had one or two energy-efficiency projects running at a time that occupy our experienced engineering team. Below is a portfolio of some of our energy-efficiency achievements and projects we have completed over years:
· Residential electrical energy assessments including energy monitoring equipment installations, upgrade of the furnace motors, lighting upgrades.
· Commercial energy (heating, power, water) audits for auto-mechanics shops, warehouses, hotels and breweries, including energy savings 5-year financial plans.
· Agricultural energy (heating and power) assessments for dairy barns, vegetable storage’s, grain producers, chicken barns, livestock and greenhouses. Some of our projects started prior to the AB Growing Forward: On-farm Energy Management Program and served as a model for establishing the program in Alberta. The rest of our projects were completed with the support from the program’s funding.
· AB Pork project: energy audit for 38 pork facilities across Alberta, and overview of the best energy-efficiency technologies, feasibility study for 7 renewable technologies in application to the pork industry and net-zero barn designs (heating, electrical, ventilation, feed, lighting).
· AB Crop Project: energy audit (power, heating, lighting, water, waste) for different sizes of greenhouses to determine the best energy saving strategies.
· Potato Storage Energy Efficiency: pilot demonstration project for evaluation of the efficiency of modern ventilation technologies in AB Potato Storage’s, including installation and monitoring of the energy consumption prior and after improvements were implemented.
We developed proprietary energy models for each business segment to replicate industry-specific consumption behavior, calculate power and natural gas bills, model energy savings and rank financial benefits of each energy-efficiency recommendation. Over 1,000 copies of our energy-efficiency publications were printed and distributed by the government.